Unless Mark Scheifele ends up being the second coming of Dale Hawerchuk, the new Jets record book will remain dominated by ex-Thrashers. Ilya Kovalchuk's 328 franchise goals and 615 points should be number one for years to come. The likes of Marian Hossa, Slava Kozlov and Kari Lehtonen will be part of the Jets records for a while still.
In fact the previous Atlanta franchise, the Flames, have a record book peppered lightly with Atlanta players from before the franchise shift. In addition to the new Jets, Atlanta hockey is still represented in the Calgary records.
- Eric Vail played only 70 of 539 Flames games in Calgary and still sits 8th in franchise goals with 206.
- Guy Chouinard played more than half of his Flames career in Atlanta and remains 7th in points with 529. His 107 points in 78/79 remain 4th best in Flames history.
- Bob MacMillan has the 3rd highest scoring season in Flames history, 108 with Atlanta in 78/79. That same season he tallied the 3rd most assists by a Flame with 71.
- Dan Bouchard played only 14 of 398 Flames games in Calgary. He sits 3rd in goalie games and his 5 shutouts in 73/74 are 4th most in any Flames year. His Flames career GAA of 3.03 is 6th best in franchise history.
- Phil Myre, who never played in Calgary also notched 5 shut outs in 74/75 and sits 7th in career GAA at 3.21.