Here's a look at a few numbers:
- over their last four losses their opponents collective Winning Pct. entering each game was .473, Leafs were outscored 15-4.
- their next five games are against teams with a collective Win Pct. of .667
- Leafs have only one more point after 24 games this season than last season, at this point last year they reeled off 6 wins in the next 9 games.
- they have been shutout 6 times in the last 16 games after being blanked only 4 times all last year.
- since starting this year with 4 wins, the Leafs have gone 4-12-4, they have scored 1.75 goals/game and allowed 3.05. If the last 20 games is a true indication of this team and they continue at this pace the Leafs will finish with 55 points this season. That would be the worst record since the heyday's of John Brophy in 1987/88
At least, after finishing that poorly in 1988 they were able to draft such re-building blocks as Scott Pearson, Tie Domi, Peter Ing and Ted...Crowley and Len...ummm...Esau...good lord, they truly have been a mess for my entire life.